Consent Tracking for Clinical Trial Samples
Tracking patient consent for the use of their samples in clinical trials is essential to both minimize risk of non-compliance and maximizing potential for future use. This insight brief explains informed consent for patient samples and the importance of easily tracking consent as samples move through the clinical trial ecosystem.
Topics covered include:
- How consent is or has been documented
- The benefits of electronic consent documentation
- Specific consent attributes, e.g. genetic testing
- Handling consent requirements from different countries or institutions
- Understanding consent for future use, including limitations and expirations